Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is used for Skin Rejuvenation, Skin Tightening & Wrinkle Reduction, Hair Removal, Skin Pigmentation Removal, Spider Vein and Tattoo Removal. This intensive hands-on training program will cover how lasers and IPL work including the physics of lasers / IPL and interaction of lasers with tissue. Information on the most commonly used dermatologic lasers wavelength from 430 nm to 755 nm alexandrite and their parameters will be presented. An overview of the anatomy and physiology of skin and hair, parameters for permanent hair reduction, photo facial, vascular and pigmented lesions, and tattoo removal will be an important part of the course. The lectures will include Lasers / IPL mediated skin tightening and resurfacing, acne treatment, pigmentation and vascular lesion removal, skin typing, operational and treatment of safety measures. Discussion of the management and treatment of adverse events, the benefits, expected results and outcomes, and available alternative treatments will be covered. Focus on patient consultation, selection and education, safety and efficiency issues and important criteria for a successful treatment are included in the program.
- Basic skin, hair, biology and anatomy
- Facial rejuvenation concepts
- Skin pigmentation reduction
- Sanitation and disinfectant procedures
- Laser and IPL history
- Physics of Lasers
- Laser safety
- Laser operating procedures on clients
- Topics of Skin Tightening, Pigmentation removal, Spider vein removal
- Acne treatment by laser / IPL
- Equipment testing and maintenance
- Laser parameters (Wavelength, pulse duration, spot size, energy settings)
- Different types of cosmetic hair reduction lasers
- Types of medical lasers for skin problems
- Laser safety for clients and the operation
- Skin typing and fluency selection
- Pre and post laser treatment
- Client consultation
- Patient observation
Classes are open for registration until otherwise noted full. They’re available through Monday-Sunday within clinic hours and holidays in effect.
Course duration: Ten hours to be completed within a two-day period
Course Cost: $1500.00 plus tax
Certification: Graduates will receive a certificate upon completion of the course from BC Medical Spa.