ND-YAG laser also known as Q-Switch or Picosecond laser is a very safe laser for darker skin types and has a wavelength of 532nm, 1064nm, 1320nm. Uses for this laser include tattoo removal, age and sun spots, birth marks, melasma, tattooed eyebrows, nevus, nevus of ota and carbon therapy. This hands-on training program will cover how Nd-Yag, Picosecond, Q-Switch lasers work including the physics of this laser. An overview of the anatomy and physiology of skin parameters, photo facial, vascular and pigmented lesions, and tattoo removal will be an important part of the course. The lectures will include lasers mediated skin tightening and resurfacing, acne treatment, pigmentation and vascular lesions removal, skin typing, and operational and treatment safety measures. Discussion of the management and treatment of adverse events, the benefits, expected results and outcomes, and available alternative treatments will be covered. Focus on patient consultation, selection and education, safety and efficiency issues and important criteria for a successful treatment are included in the program.
- Basic skin biology and anatomy
- Skin rejuvenation concepts
- Skin pigmentation reduction
- Sanitation and disinfection methods
- Laser and history
- Physics of Lasers
- Laser safety
- Laser operating procedures on clients
- Topics of Skin toning, Pigmentation removal, tattoo removal
- Deep pores cleaning treatment (Carbon Therapy)
- Equipment testing and maintenance
- Laser parameters (Wavelength, pulse duration, spot size, energy settings)
- Different types of cosmetic hair reduction lasers
- Types of medical lasers for skin problems
- Laser safety for clients and the operation
- Skin typing and fluency selection
- Pre and post laser treatment
- Client consultations
- Patient observation
Classes are open for registration until otherwise noted full. They’re available through Monday-Sunday within clinic hours and holidays in effect.
Course duration: Ten hours to be completed within a two-day period
Course cost: $1500.00 plus tax
Certification: Graduates will receive a certificate upon completion of the course from BC Medical Spa.